Today is May 19, also known in some parts as MAY RAY DAY!
Get yourself out into the sun! That’s the best way to celebrate May Ray Day.
Get a new wardrobe of pretty spring clothes and take your family out on a picnic!
Been exercising inside all winter? Get yourself out into the sun and go for a walk or a jog, breathe in that fresh air, and if you have allergies, take a Benadryl…
May Ray Day is your reminder to go outside and soak up some sun in the great outdoors, so get out there!
Today is also NUMERACY DAY…
The aim is to celebrate numbers and how we use them in everyday life. The day is designed to encourage people to feel curious about numbers, explore how they can benefit them in their day to day life and give them the confidence to develop and improve their numeracy skills.
- I was born on this day in 1942 in Greensboro, North Carolina
- My real first name is Frederick
- I went to college at Smith University in Charlotte and was all-conference in basketball
- My career took me to 97 countries and over 6,000 games and I was in a cartoon series
- My nickname was inspired by one of the Three Stooges
- My number 22 was retired in 2008
- I passed away last spring in Houston at the age of 77
I am…former Harlem Globetrotter, Curly Neal. Congratulations to Ruth Ann from Sugarcreek, who guessed correctly and wins the $5 gift card to Everlasting Cup!
Thanks for listening!
– Joe and Jonathon