Today for Who Knew Wednesday, we heard from Main Street Mount Vernon’s Anthony McNeal about the return of First Fridays in downtown Mount Vernon. Click here to find the links to Anthony’s conversation with our own Wesley Boston on our Soundcloud account!
- I was born on this date in 1820 in Tuscany, Italy, but I am British
- The city where I was born is also my first name
- I felt a call from God in 1837 to devote my life to the service of others
- I was courted by a man for nine years, but rejected his proposal so I could pursue my calling
- My signature work was in the Crimean War in reducing death rates among the wounded
- One of my nicknames was “The Lady with the Lamp”
- The British Government developed a fund in my name to help train nurses
I am…Florence Nightingale!
Congratulations to Maude from Mount Vernon, who guessed correctly and wins the $5 gift card to Everlasting Cup.
Thanks for listening!
– Joe and Jonathon