Today is one of those Who Knew Wednesday shows that has a lot to cover!
It’s Cinco de Mayo…here’s the scoop if you’re heading out for some Mexican food tonight:
Cinco de Mayo, or the fifth of May, is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army’s May 5, 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War. The day, which falls on Wednesday, May 5 in 2021, is also known as Battle of Puebla Day. While it is a relatively minor holiday in Mexico, in the United States, Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a commemoration of Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations.
Tomorrow is the National Day of Prayer – read more at our WNZR page by clicking here.
Mother’s Day is Sunday! Don’t forget…
Jonathon found some fun facts about Mother’s Day from Town and Country magazine. Click here to read more.
Who Am I? Who Knew Wednesday Trivia:
- I was born on this date in 1988 in London, England
- I started singing when I was four
- My mom raised me while working as a furniture maker
- I attended the BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology
- I’ve won 15 Grammy Awards, including Best New Artist in 2009
- I was appointed an MBE in 2013, which means Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, and received my award from Prince Charles
- I’m also a mother to one son
I am…singer and songwriter Adele (Laurie Blue Adkins). Congratulations to Becky from St. Louisville, who guessed correctly and wins the $5 gift card to Everlasting Cup.
Thanks for listening!
– Joe and Jonathon