Today we shared a big “Who Knew?” about an amazing event next Wednesday!
WNZR’s Marcy Rinehart talked with Captain Christine Moretz of the Mount Vernon Salvation Army about the upcoming drive-thru Thanksgiving Dinner. Todd McKinley talked with Stuart Washington of Lakeholm Church of the Nazarene, who will help prepare the meal.
This dinner is a partnership between 4 groups! The plan is to serve 1,500 meals on Wednesday, 11/25!
Christine shares details about how and where to pick up vouchers. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN.
Listen to Stuart by CLICKING HERE.
There are 2 distribution sites on 11/25:
Noon – 2pm at Lakeholm Church of the Nazarene, 16001 Glen Road in Mount Vernon
2-3pm at The Salvation Army, 206 E. Ohio Ave. in Mount Vernon
The community meal theme is “Together Thankful”.
Here’s today’s “Who Am I?” trivia:
– I was born in New Hampshire on Nov. 18, 1923
– I graduated from the Naval Academy in 1945
– I was the second person, and the first American, in space
– An inner ear condition kept me from being the first man on the moon
– I walked on the moon in 1971
Congratulations to Courtney from Fredericktown, who guessed Alan Shepard and wins the $5 gift card to Everlasting Cup!
Thanks for listening!
– Joe and Todd