Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen — we are thankful to them all for their service. Veterans Day is their day. Take time today to do something special for a veteran.
Tell them “thank you,” volunteer or donate to a veterans’ organization, or perform a random act of kindness to let a veteran know that they are not forgotten, and neither is their service.
To all the heroes have served our country, we thank you and honor you on this Veterans Day. Thank you for all your sacrifices and for fighting for our freedom!
Here’s a quick message we found today:
Today’s ‘Who Am I?’ trivia for Who Knew Wednesday included these clues:
– my name means ‘iron miner’
– I was born in Texas but was raised in Kansas
– I served in World War I training tank crews
– I became a 5-star general in World War II
– I was Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe
– My wife’s name was Mamie
– I was our 34th President
Congratulations to Terry from Mount Vernon, who guessed Gen. Dwight Eisenhower and wins the $5 gift card to Everlasting Cup.
Thanks for listening!
– Joe and Todd