Today on the Afternoon Drive, we celebrated the Celebration of Life month and talked with you about how you can celebrate it too!
Celebration of Life day was actually yesterday, but we celebrate it all month through. Here’s a little history on the month…
Food for Health International is a company that focuses on producing and distributing whole food and preparation for emergencies. With its unique techniques and methods they work towards providing rich, healthful food at reduced prices. As part of their mission, they’ve introduced the Celebration of Life Month to help remind everyone that taking care of our bodies is taking care of our souls, and helps us celebrate every day.
Here’s a couple tips from Days of the Year on how to celebrate this celebration and read the whole article here!
- Start off by taking a few mental health days, just take the time to sit back and relax, and reassess the past year and what you’re going to be doing moving forward with this year. Enjoy your favorite leisure activity, and do whatever it is that helps you recharge when things are just getting too crazy.
- When you’re sitting at work, be sure to do everything you can to remind yourself that you are not your job. By not identifying yourself with your work, you can enjoy the day free from the idea that your success there measures your worth. Work is just another passing of the day, and at the end of the day you need to remember to celebrate the glories of life.
We also shared a few more ways to celebrate the celebration from our friends at Victim Services BGP! Check out these tips and read the whole article here!
1. Laugh – Find something funny that makes you laugh everyday. Laughter dissolves anxiety and heals the spirit. Find a place to laugh out loud and celebrate your life with a good cackle.
2. Write – Keep a daily record of the good things that have happened. You found a parking space, arrived early despite traffic, won a lawsuit, lost a pound – tally each victory, large and small – then celebrate to gain more to celebrate.
3. Learn – Discover a new word (azygous), a funny fact, a historical event; stay curious and keep learning. Increase your knowledge to celebrate your life. Remember, if you are not gaining intelligence you are losing intelligence.
Of course, for our Who Knew question today, we gave you a chance to win a $5 gift certificate to Troyer’s of Apple Valley! Here was today’s question…
Q: We’re telling you that laughing and smiling are good ways to help celebrate the celebration of life month. Psychology Today shared an article called the “Nine Superpowers of Your Smile” which you can read here. Name any of the 9 ‘superpowers’ that you gain by smiling.
1. Smiling can make you look younger.
2. Smiling can make you look thinner.
3. Smiling elevates your mood and creates a sense of well-being.
4. Smiling induces more pleasure in the brain more than chocolate.
5. Even a forced smile can lead to a mood boost.
6. Smiles can predict fulfillment in marriage.
7. Smiling makes you seem courteous, likable, and competent.
8. The span of a person’s smile can predict life span.
9. Smiling is contagious
The Who Knew Food Corner!
We also shared our Who Knew Food Corner recipe with you today because it’s PIE DAY!
Here’s 50 easy pie recipes from our friends at Food Network!
And here’s my pick, a beautiful Dutch Apple pie. This one’s for you, Breah.
Thanks for listening and enjoy this month!
– Lilly and Hannah