Another amazing day on the Afternoon Drive, dissecting Mandisa’s ‘Overcomer’ and also took a look at Hillsong United’s ‘Oceans’.
Staring at a stop sign
Watching people drive by
T mac on the radio
Got so much on your mind
Nothing’s really going right
Looking for a ray of hope
- Where are you looking to find your ray of hope?
- “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
- “You see, a real sign of spiritual maturity is looking to God for purpose and perspective instead of comfort and convenience.” – Lysa Terkurst
Whatever it is you may be going through
I know he’s not gonna let it get the best of you
- 1st Corinthians 10:13
“No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
- GOD IS FAITHFUL WHEN WE CHOOSE TO FIX OUR EYES ON HIM.
- Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
You’re an overcomer
Stay in the fight ’til the final round
You’re not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it’s hopeless
That’s when he reminds you
That you’re an overcomer
You’re an overcomer
“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
“When you go out to battle against your enemies and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt, is with you.”
- When it seems like all is lost, when you are down and out, when the walls are closing in, it’s not over. God is with us through the fight.
“Some boast in chariots and some in horses, But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God.”
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- In this world you WILL have tribulation.
- God’s not saying it’s going to be easy. The opposite, in fact. But what He is saying is that He’s going to be there through it all.
The same man, the great I am
The one who overcame death
Is living inside of you
- Like, honestly can we say any more?
- This should get you SUPER PUMPED.
- Remember, the next time you’re staring at a mountain you think you can’t climb, when you’re toe-to-toe in the ring with a seemingly unconquerable sin, when you feel like David against Goliath, the Man that overcame death for YOU, also LIVES in you.
So just hold tight, fix your eyes
On the one who holds your life
There’s nothing he can’t do
He’s telling you
- When we’re fixing our eyes on Christ, there’s NOTHING we can’t do.
- We need to remember that He gives us the strength and power to fight these battles. Not only that, He’s also fighting those battles right along side us.
Moving over to Oceans from Hillsong United now…
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown
Where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand
The unknown is scary and we have, as humans have this really big fear of failing we say – what if God calls me to *Fill in the blank* and I fail? Maybe I should just not do it. You are called to go deeper – don’t play it safe, it’s better to fail with God by your side doing what he told you to do rather than to succeed in something else that God didn’t call you to – don’t be a Jonah.
And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
We are his. He has adopted us as children of God and if we choose to fix our eyes on him – resting in his embrace, we can keep our eyes above the water! We can claim the God of EVERYTHING has OURs as our FATHER. Why should we fear anything when we are royal children of the king of kings, the Lord of Lord – the Great Redeemer.
Thanks for listening!
– Lilly and Hannah