Today was Who Knew Wednesday on the Afternoon Drive!
Since Easter is in just a few days, we decided to share some fun facts about the holiday and how it’s celebrated.
Here are some of the facts we shared:
- Americans spend $1.9 billion on Easter candy. That’s the second biggest candy holiday after Halloween
- 70% of Easter candy purchased is chocolate
- Americans consume 16 billion jelly beans every year at Easter. That’s enough jelly beans to wrap around the world almost 3 times!
- 90 million chocolate bunnies are sold in the US each year
- 76% of Americans prefer to eat the ears of a chocolate bunny first, 5% prefer the feet, and 4% prefer the tail
- The largest chocolate bunny ever made was 12′ 5″ tall, weighed over 3 tons, and was made in South Africa
- 90 million peeps and 80 million chocolate eggs are purchased in the US each year
Our Word of the Day was pysanky, which is an intricately decorated Ukrainian Easter egg. You can read more on that here.
And make sure to head over here to find all the information on Lifeline 2016, which kicks off with our Day of Prayer and Praise in exactly one week!
Have an awesome Wednesday evening!